Inverting photo or flipping the color of an image can create dramatic and interesting effects. It can also be used for practical purposes, such as editing an image for accessibility or making small details in an image more visible.
On the iPhone, there are several ways to invert photos and flip the colors of images. In this article, we’ll explore why you need to invert photos, how to do it on iPhone using built-in tools and third-party apps, and some tips and tricks to get the most out of your editing experience.
Why Need to Invert Photo?
Inverted photos do have benefits for people with visual impairments, such as photophobia (sensitivity to light), and other conditions where sensitivity is compromised. With an inverted photo, the photo becomes easier to view due to the reduced brightness.
In addition, people with color vision impairments can benefit because inverting the picture makes it easier to distinguish shades and tones.
Better Artistic Expression
If you are an artist or photographer and want to try a different outlook for your photos or adapt a creative way to present it, then you can invert it. It will help you create an effect or perspective that is relatively more visually appealing. It helps add the needed depth and complexity to the photo.
Easier Color Correction
When you invert a photo, you can easily spot overexposed or underexposed areas. This can help you with color correction because now you know exactly what levels to adjust to get the perfect balance.
How to Invert a Picture on iPhone?
There is no direct way to invert images on the iPhone. However, it does have an inversion option that reverses your iPhone screen. This way, you can view everything on your phone in inverted colors. Here are the specific steps to do so:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select “Accessibility”.
- Tap “Display and text size”.
- Open the “Invert Colors” option.
This will invert your entire phone, including your photos, and now you can view your image in inverted colors.
How to Invert Color of Photo on iPhone?
Using the built-in photo app for iPhone can also add reversal effect to photos, but it doesn’t really do the picture reversal, but for users who only need simple picture reversal effect, using photo app to reverse photos should be the most convenient and fast. Here are the specific steps:
- Open the Photos app and find the picture you want to invert.
- Click the Edit button, then click the Filter button.
- Scroll down the slider and select the invert filter.
- Click the Done button to save your changes.
This is the most basic image inversion effect. If you want to do a true image inversion, you can use third-party applications to achieve it. These programs also provide you with more advanced options to edit your images, including the ability to invert images.
Invert Photo on iPhone Using Third-Party Apps
Editing photos on your iPhone has never been easier thanks to the third-party apps available. Whether you want to invert a photo or adjust its brightness and contrast, there are plenty of great options available.
The most popular two editing apps are Photoshop Express and Lightroom, both of which offer powerful tools for manipulating images on your device not only available for online photo invert tool. They will give you more control over the look of your images, allowing you to make subtle adjustments for better results.
This is easiest way to invert photo in Photoshop Express, due to the direct invert option. The following are the detail steps on how to invert image on Photoshop Express.
- Download and open Photoshop Express app on your iPhone.
- Upload the image you want to invert. Tap on “Looks” button, click “Basic” and scroll to the right side and tap on “Invert”.
- Click done and that’s it! Then you can save your inverted image to iPhone.
The key feature of Lightroom invert tool is that you can freely adjust the level of the invert effect. It maybe more complex than Photoshop Express, but at the same time, it gives more advanced customization for user to control the image result. Follow the detail steps below to have a try:
- Download and open the Lightroom app on your iPhone.
- Upload your image by clicking the image icon on the right bottom.
- Click “All Photos” at the Top and tap the image you have uploaded.
- Then find “Light” option and click “Curve”, then in the tone curve, drag the bottom left point to the top left and then drag the top right point to the bottom right.
- You can also adjust the invert level as you like, and click “Done” to save your inverted image.
Inverting your photos can help you create artistic effects that will make your photos stand out from the crowd.
In this article, we have discussed why you need to invert photos on your iPhone, how to do it in iPhone and the best third-party Apps. Some additional tips and tricks are also covered, and hope this article can be helpful to you!