The importance of local search cannot be considered in today’s digital age. If you don’t know how to do SEO for local businesses, Google My Business should be your starting point.
Your GMB page helps customers find all the important information about your business on Google, from your address to phone number and hours of operation.
Adding posts to your GMB helps advertise your brand, specials, events, and offers. To ensure your post stands out and looks professional, it is important to adhere to the recommended GMB post image size guidelines.
This article outlines the GMB post image size guidelines for 2023 and provides tips on image optimization for better engagement.
- 1 What are GMB Posts?
- 2 Do GMB Posts Help Increase Visibility in Search Engine?
- 3 Types of GMB Posts
- 4 Tips for Choosing the Right Google My Business Post Images
- 5 GMB Post Image Size Guidelines
- 6 Key Takeaways
What are GMB Posts?
Getting started with Google My Business? Don’t overlook GMB Posts.
A Google My Business post is an update businesses can share on their listings. It appears in the “updates” or “overview” tabs and is a great way for businesses to feature news and promotions that they want to share with customers.
The post can include text, images, and call-to-action buttons like “Learn More” or “Sign Up.” Although 1,500 characters are allowed for each post, keeping the content between 150 and 300 is recommended.
Do GMB Posts Help Increase Visibility in Search Engine?
Google My Business posts help improve SEO by increasing the topical authority of a listing. They also help businesses direct customers to specific pages on their website, increasing the visibility of those pages and potentially resulting in a better ranking on SERPs.
In addition, a GMB post encourages customers to interact with the business and share feedback. This helps increase the business’s credibility and provides valuable insights to business owners.
Types of GMB Posts
GMB posts are a great way to engage with customers and promote your business. There are several types of GMB posts that you can use for different purposes.
- Events: You can use an event post to promote any upcoming events you have planned, such as a webinar, workshop, or open house. Ensure to include all the necessary details, such as the date and time, location, and cost.
- Offers & Promotions: Want to spread the word about a special offer or promotion? Then a GMB offer post is exactly what you need. The text and image should highlight the details of your promotion, like the promo code and expiration date.
- Announcements: You can leverage GMB posts to share important announcements with your customers, such as a new location or product launch.
- Product/Service Showcase: Showcase posts allow you to highlight a specific product or service, so you can draw attention to the details and features that make it unique.
Tips for Choosing the Right Google My Business Post Images
According to research, visual content increases people’s desire to read that content by 80%. That’s why finding the right post images for your Google My Business page is essential.
Remember the following tips when selecting images for your Google My Business posts.
Use High-Resolution Images
Will you buy from a brand that uses low-quality and pixelated images? No. That’s because images have an impact on reputation. You don’t want to leave the impression that you can’t maintain a professional appearance. Therefore, use high-resolution images that are visually appealing to potential customers.
You can use websites like Unsplash and Pexels to source high-quality, royalty-free images. However, if you’re looking for something more personalized, we recommend using Publer AI Assist. The tool uses AI to generate high-quality visuals that align with your brand’s aesthetic.
If you don’t know how to write a GMB post, Publer can help with that too. It allows you to rephrase content and curate posts in multiple languages.
Select Images that are Relevant to Your Business
Research indicates that 94% more people will view your post if it is accompanied by a relevant image. Therefore, when choosing images for your GMB post, make sure they align with the message you are trying to communicate.
For example, if you own a restaurant and are creating a post for Friday-night discount offers, then it would be appropriate to choose an image of some delicious food that your restaurant serves, along with relevant text like 20% off on all menu items.
Don’t Choose Wide Images
Although the standard GMB post image size is 720 x 540 pixels, it’s best to avoid using wide images and use center-focused images. By that, we mean that the subject matter should be in the center of the frame.
GMB Post Image Size Guidelines
Default Size: 720 x 540 pixels
Maximum Size: 2120 x 1192 pixels
Minimum Size: 480 x 270 pixels
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
When posting an image on Google My Business, it is important to ensure it is optimized and meets the required guidelines.
Here are a few tips to make sure your GMB images look great:
- Use images with a resolution of 1200 x 900 pixels and an aspect ratio of 4:3. This will ensure that the image displays correctly and looks great on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Make sure the subject of your image is centered vertically and horizontally. Centering the subject emphasizes symmetry and pattern.
- Beware of the minimum and maximum size requirements. Images smaller than 480 x 270 pixels or larger than 2120 x 1192 pixels are not accepted.
Google My Business posts can be a great way to let your existing and potential customers know about any offers, announcements, or events.
When selecting images to accompany your posts, keep in mind the following tips:
- Use high-resolution images to ensure a professional appearance
- Select images that are relevant to your business, as these will draw more attention
- Don’t choose wide images, and ensure that the subject matter is centered
- It’s best to choose images with a resolution of 1200 x 900 pixels, and an aspect ratio of 4:3
- Remember that the minimum and maximum size requirements are 480 x 270 pixels and 2120 x 1192 pixels, respectively.
Make content creation easier with Publer AI Assist! It uses AI to generate stunning visuals and content for your GMB posts, so you can focus on what matters most—connecting with your customers. Try it out today!